Toms River, NJ, 08753
Joined on June, 2013
Any day at any time
Up to 25 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
EducationI graduated Cum Laude at Georgian Court University with a bachelors in Mathematics. I'm currently a graduate student at Johns Hopkins University studying applied Biomedical Engineering.
ExperiencePreviously, I peer tutored college students in Algebra and Multivariable Calculus. I also volunteered to teach elementary school students of immigrant parents in areas of Math, Science, and English. I currently work part-time for Tutor.com teaching math and science to students of military families. The best part about tutoring is seeing my student's faces when they understand a concept. Tutoring in itself is very rewarding. I'm very patient and believe that even the most complex problems can be broken down into simple steps with a few math tricks.
* Awarded Dean's Scholar for academic excellence
* Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon- The National Mathematics Honor Society
* Inducted into Sigma Zeta- The National Science and Mathematics Honor Society
* Inducted into The National Honor and Merit Scholars Society
* Inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa- The National Honor Society for Leadership
* Interned at Yale School of Medicine at the Child Studies Center studying about de novo mutations related to autism.
Relevant undergraduate/graduate coursework:
Calculus I and II, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Abstract Algebra I and II, Biology, Molecular Biology, Astrobiology, General Chemistry I and II, Expository Writing, Research and Academic Writing
HobbiesIn my spare time, I love learning new languages especially Japanese and Russian, and playing the piano.
** Please note, my tutoring services are done online through a link to an interactive whiteboard, which eliminates any travel hassle for parents. The first online session is free. In addition, tutoring rates will be reduced for parents with any financial difficulties. If this interests you, feel free to contact me to schedule a sample session.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.